Hi, Let’s explore the possibilities of How to Build A Website With or Without Coding; when I started my journey to becoming a full-stack software engineer, I didn’t start by creating a website using codes out of the box. I started with using tools. There are two ways you can make a website,
- 1. Using Codes
- 2. Not Using Codes ( Also called lazy Devs
Using Code To Build A Website
- 1. Sustainable internet connection (data)
- 2. PC (a personal computer with at least intel core i3 )
- 3. Mobile phone (Android, iPhone, or both)
Read My Twitter Thread Instead?
“ How to Build A Website With or Without Coding “ A thread, please retweet for others.
In this thread, we will explore possibilities of building a fully functional website using code 👩💻 or not having to write a line of code.
Let’s get to it 👇🏽
— Akin (@Kynsofficial) October 4, 2021
Website development with ( No Code )
- 1. A domain name
- 2. Hosting / Server to put your website content
- 3. Understanding Software used by your hosting provider
You can acquire a domain and host from just anywhere; N10,000 should be enough to get started with at least 15Gig of space. I’ll recommend Upperlink.
- Buy a domain name something like (example.com) with a hosting
- Install WordPress Using the tutorial above
- Start Customizing your WordPress and managing your content.
This is basically how most blogs are built. Many people prefer to use the already hosted WordPress because it’s free. That’s when you see something like (). The disadvantage of this is you cannot monetize and make money from this type of blog unless you upgrade with Akin.wordpress.com or use The process I stated above. You have two options to choose from; you can define your journey and decide which to start with. Now let’s round off with advantages and disadvantages of using either of these. WordPress.com
Advantages of Using Codes to Build A Website
- It’s more efficient; you can add or remove anything at your own will
- You will have coding knowledge & privileges to apply for jobs at big techs
Disadvantages of Using Codes to Build A Website
- It takes time; we are looking at six months
- It may be cumbersome and tiring for people to learn
Advantages of using No Code Solution To Build A Website
- It is swift; you can complete your site in hours -it’s cheap and affordable
- No coding knowledge is required
Disadvantages of Using No Codes to Build A Website
- It has limitations
- You’re not a real Dev-it’s not efficient.